1 give an injection to; "We injected the glucose into the patient's vein" [syn: shoot]
2 to introduce (a new aspect or element); "He injected new life into the performance"
3 force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing; "inject hydrogen into the balloon" [syn: shoot]
4 take by injection; "inject heroin"
5 feed intravenously
6 to insert between other elements; "She interjected clever remarks" [syn: interject, come in, interpose, put in, throw in]
- Rhymes: -ɛkt
- to push something in, especially fluids into a cavity or
- Smiling, the nurse injected a painkilling drug into the veins of my forearm.
- to introduce something sudddenly or violently
- Punk injected a much-needed sense of urgency to the British music scene.
- to administer an injection to, especially of
medicine or drugs
- Now lie back while we inject you with the anaesthetic.
- to take or be administered something by means of injection,
especially medicine or drugs
- It's been a week since I stopped injecting, and I'm still in withdrawal.
to introduce something sudddenly or violently
- German: injizieren
to take or be administered something by means of injection
- German: spritzen
Injection may refer to:
- Injection (medicine), a method of putting liquid into the body with a syringe and a hollow needle that punctures the skin.
- Injective function in mathematics, a function which associates distinct arguments to distinct values
- Injection molding, a manufacturing technique for making parts from thermoplastic material
- Injection (economics), a financial boost entered into the economic cycle, includes government spending, investment and exports
- Injected (band), an American rock band from Atlanta, Georgia formed in 1995
- Code injection, a technique in computer science for exploiting vulnerabilities in computer programs due to erroneous assumption by designers.
- Dependency injection, a programming design pattern and architectural model, sometimes also referred to as inversion of control
- Fuel injection, a means of metering fuel into an internal combustion engine
- SQL injection, a security vulnerability that occurs in the database layer of an application
inject in German: Injektion
inject in Spanish: Inyección
inject in French: Injection
inject in Italian: Iniezione
inject in Lithuanian: Injekcija
inject in Japanese: インジェクション
inject in Russian: Инъекция (значения)
inject in Slovak: Injekcia
inject in Slovenian: Injekcija
animate, bathe, brew, bring in, douche, drench, drive in, drouk, ease in, embue, enliven, exhilarate, fire, flush, force in, imbrue, imbue, impregnate, infect, infiltrate, inform, infuse, inoculate, insert, insinuate, inspire, inspirit, interject, introduce, intromit, lave, leach, lixiviate, macerate, percolate, perfuse, permeate, pop in, put in, rinse, saturate, seethe, set in, slip in, soak, sodden, sop, souse, spirit, spirit up, steep, stick in, throw in, tuck in, wash, waterlog, whip in